People with learning disability are being offered Covid 19 vaccination in line with the JCVI guidance regarding priority groups.
This page provides guidance, information, top tips and resources collated by the North East & Cumbria Learning Disability Network in collaboration with multiple stakeholders. So all people with learning disability from the North East & North Cumbria who are on a GP register can be offered the vaccine as soon as possible.
COVID-19 Booster Programme
- Easy read leaflet on the COVID-19 booster programme can be found by clicking here.
Advice & guidance for COVID-19 vaccine programme for people with learning disability across North East & North Cumbria.
Top tips – Primary Care Networks
Top tips – Adult Social Care
Top tips – Community Voluntary Sector Organisations
Top tips – NHS Trusts
Regionally developed resources
- Tool Kit to support identification of people who may have a learning disability, available through the Learning Disability Matters for Families website.
- Capacity and Consent issues, advice and guidance to consider, for delivering COVID-19 vaccine to adults with learning disability/autism Covid vaccine advisory paper – updated 190221
- Further information regarding Annual Health Checks and flu available on the website.
- Easy read vaccination invitation letter for GP use
- Videos produced by Skills for People and Learning Disability England. Information about the COVID-19 vaccine: For people with a learning disability and autistic people
Video: Stewart’s vaccine experience
Video: Emily was invited to get her COVID-19 vaccine she has shared her experience in a video.
Video: The learning disability register and why it is important
Improving identification of people with a learning disability: guidance for general practice
Practices should review this guidance and update registers to ensure that eligible patients are offered a COVID-19 vaccination, flu vaccination and flagged for an annual health check.
- Mencap easy read COVID-19 vaccine information sheet
- Don’t Miss Out: Join the learning disability register
- Guidance: The Mental Capacity Act (2005) (MCA) and deprivation of liberty safeguards (DoLS) during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic: additional guidance
- Covid19 vaccine advisory paper Jan2021 (see resources section below)
- Information on COVID-19 vaccination: easy read
- Information on COVID-19 Vaccination:easy read leaflet (print version)
- What to expect after COVID-19 vaccination: easy read guide
- What to expect after COVID-19 vaccination: easy read guide (print version)
- Easy-read guide on COVID-19 vaccination for women who might get pregnant, who are pregnant or are breast feeding their baby.
- Easy-read leaflet on COVID-19 vaccination for women who might get pregnant, who are pregnant or are breastfeeding their baby (print version)
COVID-19 vaccination: easy-read consent form for adults
Learning Disability England
Keep informed and in touch during Coronavirus by visiting their special Coronavirus information and work hub here.
- Free COVID-19 posters available here