Mindfulness Stress Based Reduction
The North East and Cumbria Learning Disability Network, Skills for People, Health Education England and Cumbria Northumberland Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust have been working on Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Prorgamme with adults with a learning disability since 2016.
The Mindfulness for Life programme is being ran by Skills for People which includes:
- Running of Mindfulness courses for people with a learning disability by people with a learning disability
- Development of a Mindfulness Hub sharing ideas and best practice and promoting the Mindfulness work
- Co-producing Mindfulness sessions
- Weekly Mindfulness practice groups
- Working with other self advocacy organisations across the region to roll out the Mindfulness for Life programme
- Training Mindfulness champions
You can find out more about the Mindfulness for Life Programme here.